ABOUT THE COURSE
Our Intro to Ableton Live course has been specifically designed to provide newcomers with a comprehensive, inspiring introduction to recording, composing, and mixing music with Ableton Live.
The course, delivered by our team of Ableton Certified Trainers, is perfect for anyone who wants to learn how to create a track from scratch in Ableton Live. You'll learn the key concepts of Ableton Live while we’ll provide example project files, samples and additional content to help you understand the music creation process.
Each workstation is equipped with an iMac, Ableton Live 9 Suite, and a MIDI controller keyboard, and the course includes Ableton Push controllers and access to our Learning Management System for the duration of the course, which will contain additional resources to help you on your way.
Sessions consist of formal lectures, demonstrations, practical exercises and a 1-hour workshop where you will have the chance of one-to-one time with the tutor to discuss individual projects, and your tutor will provide feedback and email support throughout the course.
By the end of the course you’ll have a good understanding of working with Ableton Live and will have created a track from scratch using loops, audio recordings and programmed MIDI.TOPICSGetting Started
Working with Audio
- Live 9 Concepts
- Sound Cards & Controllers
- A guided tour of the music production process in Live
Working with MIDI
- Understanding Digital Audio
- Recording and editing in the Arrangement view
- Recording and editing in the Session view
- Introduction to Warping
- Clip Launching
Arrangement & Production Techniques
- Understanding MIDI
- Recording & Editing MIDI
- Introducing the Impulse drum machine
- Introducing the Simpler sampling instrument
- Introducing Drum Racks
- Dynamic MIDI programming with the Arpeggiator, Scale, and Chord devices.
Mixing & Finishing
- Exploring Live's factory content and sourcing more sounds
- Sketching ideas in the Session View
- Recording to the Arrangement View
- Working in the Arrangement View
- Basic mixing concepts
- Introducing EQ & Dynamics
- Introducing Time Based & Modulation Effects
- Basic Automation
- Exporting and sharing your final mix
And when you finish, if you find that this just whets your appetite for more music production courses, then why not check out our other Music Production
courses to learn more music production software and creative techniques?
You may also be interested in...