As Native Instruments Education Partner, SSR London brings you another in-depth NI weekender! Our brand new, exclusive Introduction to Native Instruments Reaktor 6. Customers on the Introduction to Native Instruments Reaktor 6 course will get their own Reaktor 6 license, normally £169.00
- Only 10 spaces available, in our Native Instruments Studio
- Get Native Instruments' Reaktor 6 license + this SSR Introduction to Reaktor 6 Course for a combined price of £300
- Sign up for this special offer by applying online here or via the red 'Apply Now' button above
- Any questions? Contact us on 0207 482 7067 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE COURSE
Imagine designing your own modular synthesizer in your computer with limitless possibilities. Imagine having the endless creativity offered by designing your own samplers, sequencers and audio FX. That’s all possible with Native Instruments Reaktor 6.
Our Introduction to Reaktor 6 course is the perfect start to building in Reaktor, and serves as an entry point for anyone interested in building their own custom synths, samplers, sequencers and FX devices. Taught in our dedicated NI training room, SSR modular synthesis expert Phelan Kane will take you through a comprehensive overview of the use of Reaktor and give you the experience of building basic Ensembles in Reaktor 6, as well as developing your knowledge of various sound design techniques.
You’ll have access to your very own iMac, NI Kontrol S25 and Maschine Studio, and within hours you’ll be using Reaktor Blocks to create unique step-sequenced modular synthesizers. You’ll then go one to create your own amazing synthesis, sampling and sequencer Structures using Reaktor Primary; and finally you’ll build unique FX soundscapes with Reaktor Primary’s audio processing tools.
By the end of this one day course you’ll leave armed with some impressive creative sound design, synthesis, sequencing and sampling skills and the inspiration to help you stand out from the crowd. Go boldly beyond presets; create your own sound. Day 1
This day covers the fundamental features of building your own software synthesizers in both Blocks and Primary. No matter which electronic music genre you prefer, our tutor has a host of techniques to show you as you build a custom made synth by the end of this first day.Day 2
The second day builds on the knowledge gained in day 1. Using Primary, you will build custom made sequencers and samplers before moving on to create homemade FX processors. You’ll explore a variety of techniques to utilize your own devices in your work empowering you to enhance your musical productions.
- Design and build custom synths constructed from Reaktor Blocks
- Set up and apply interesting modulation routing in Reaktor Blocks
- Create unique synthesizers in Reaktor Primary
- Construct custom made sampling devices and step sequencers in Reaktor Primary
- Build interesting FX processors in Reaktor Primary
- Reaktor 6 workflow
- Modular synthesis theory and practical application
- Sampling theory and techniques
- FX processing concepts and creative use
Hours of Study – 10am to 7pm Saturday & Sunday
Start Date – Please contact us for available dates before booking online
– While specific academic qualifications are not necessary, the course level is aimed at first year undergraduate/higher diploma level (HE4) and therefore a qualification at BTEC ND Level 3 in Music Technology OR equivalent level experience would be appropriate. Our 6-month Electronic Music Production course would be an appropriate skill level preparation. The course does not require experience in live performance but does require a competency in IT user skills, and competency in communication skills at around Level 3.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
• Use of MIDI and an ability to record and programme rhythmic and melodic elements
• Understanding of signal flow within a DAW for recording and mixing audio
• Understanding of instrument and effects plug-ins and automation
• Ability to arrange structure a piece of music within a DAW
• Understanding of basic principles of sound synthesis
If you have any questions about these entry requirements please contact Tony Garston by email - email@example.com
Tuition Fees – £300 (includes this 2 day course + Native Instruments Reaktor license)
Funding – We are a Professional and Career Development Loans registered Learning Provider, registration number 2486.Apply Now
A Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial bank loan that you can use to help pay for work-related learning. For further information on financial assistance to support your learning, please visit the GOV.UK website or contact the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900
You may also be interested in...