We are currently gearing up for the launch of the world's first Stereo 3D Film Production degree
, starting here at SSR Manchester later this month.
As part of our move into the world of 3D film production, we have been busy over the summer to provide students with a range of professional, highly spec'd facilities to use during their studies.
Full facilities pages will be available soon, but in the meantime please see below for an idea of how things are taking shape:Film Studio
• Large, dedicated room
• High ceiling for lighting placement and jib operation
• Chroma key green screen and lighting (Cyclorama coming soon)
• HP Workstation
• Widescreen video projection, whiteboard and audio monitoringSign-out equipment
• Canon XF105 Full HD Camcorders with Aja Gen10 HD/SD Sync Generator
• Manfrotto Tripod & Head kit with 3D Film Factory Beam-Splitter Rig
• Hollywood Microdolly Jib with Power Head
• Hollywood Microdolly Dolly and Track kit
• Ianiro lighting with Soft box, gel sets, reflectors, stands and clamps.
• Spare memory cards, batteries, rain covers, carry cases and more.PC Suite 1
• Avid Certified HP Z220 workstations
• Avid Media Composer 8, FrameForge Previz Studio 3 Stereo Edition and Final Draft software. Adobe Creative Cloud on Tutor Workstation.
• 60” LG 3D Cinema TV connected to tutor workstation
• 23” LG 3D LED monitors connected to student workstations.
• Avid Mbox 2 Audio Interfaces and Sennheiser Headphones
• Widescreen (2D) video projection and audio monitoring from tutor workstationEdit Suites (x2)
• Apple iMac workstations
• Avid Media Composer 8 & FrameForge Previz Studio 3 Stereo Edition
• BlackMagic Design UltraStudio Express video interfaces
• 32” LG 3D Cinema TVs
• Avid 003R Audio interfaces and Yamaha/Avid audio monitorsGreen Room
• HP Workstations
• Avid Media Composer 8, FrameForge Previz Studio 3 Stereo Edition, Final Draft and Adobe Creative Cloud Software.
• Sennheiser HeadphonesShared Storage:
• Avid ISIS shared storage
We are looking forward to welcoming students onto the course and can't wait to see what they do with all the equipment and supporting facilities that will be at their disposal.
There are still a few places available on the course via Clearing and there is still time to sign up. If you would like to apply or require any further information, please check out the course page
or contact our admissions team on 0161 276 2100 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org