(Douglas Wood pictured on the main stage at Reading Festival 2013)
Douglas studied our Live Sound Engineering course in 2010 and is now out on the road as a tour manager and technician for British singer-songwriter Dan Croll.
This role has taken Doug to various festivals and tours around Europe, working at events including Reading & Leeds Festivals, IM Fluss Festival in Switzerland, Festival Number 6, Kendal Calling and Latitude, supporting artists like Bastille, Imagine Dragons and London Grammar.
Doug sent us a run-down of his activities during the last year;
- Reading & Leeds Fests, Festival No.6, Kendal Calling, Latitude.
- Main Support for Bastille UK tour (Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness etc)
- Main support for Imagine Dragons UK & Europe 40 date tour (cities inc: Munich, Koln, Zurich, Vienna, London, Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Padova, Madrid, Barcelona)
- Main support for London Grammar UK Tour (inc, Brighton, Bristol, Leeds)
- Headline UK Tour (Bristol, Brighton, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Glasgow, Nottingham, Birmingham, Newcastle)
- Upcoming Festivals: Lowlands Festival, Folk Im Park Fest, T-in the park, Blissfields, Indiependence, Castlepalooza, Boardmasters, Pukkelpop, V-Festival.
- Upcoming UK/Europe/USA tour - Oct/Nov 2014.
Earlier this year Douglas and Dan Croll were in Barcelona to perform for a San Miguel advert and they will be heading out on a tour of the UK, Europe and the USA later this year too.Douglas Wood:"I enrolled on the Live Sound Engineering course in Manchester hoping to plug the gaps in my knowledge of Live FOH sound and stage management. The excellent teachers at SSR have years of experience to back up their methods and teach everything from setting up a monitor mix to designing systems on the course in good detail. It was a great 6 months and a lot of hard work that has since paid off in ways I could never have expected."
Well done Doug!